Stress Relief Videos – Click below for program videos:
StressSelf-Evaluation – How stressed are you? Click for the quick stress test:
Stress Relief Program Workbook – Click for the Three Week Stress Reduction Program Workbook:
Stress Relief Program Audios Downloads – Click below for audio programs:
Associated Articles – Click below for articles:
Listening to the simple Guided Relaxation Technique daily takes only 20 minutes, yet can be profoundly life changing. Simply click the download button to your right on this page (Week 2: Body-Scan Relaxation). Do it daily for 5 weeks, and we promise you will notice the positive difference. Even if you choose to do nothing else, doing 20 minutes of the Week 2: Body-Scan will get you phenomenal results.
Simple Steps to using this Natural Stress Relief Program
1. Stress Evaluation: Start by checking your stress score before you start, and then re-take it at the end for some good news.
2. View the Stress Video: View either the short introduction or the 30-minute video with Dr. Eva Selhub. It provides insightful information to educate and motivate you to better understand the techniques.
3. Download the Workbook: Read through the workbook and choose the techniques that appeal to you, and start with those.
4. Download the Audios: You can transfer the audio files to where you can use them easily, your MP3 player, iPhone, iPod, iPad, work computer, whereever you can relax, and listen to them in peace.
1. Tightening and Releasing Muscle Tension: Use this briefly as a way of connecting the mind to the body, but quickly move on to #2, the Body Scan Relaxation.
2. Body Scan Relaxation Technique: This is the heart of the Natural Stress Relief Program, methodically scanning the mind through the body, connecting and relaxing as you go. Remember, just 20 minutes a day for 5 weeks will get you the positive results. It takes 5 weeks daily to be able to produce a relaxation-response at will and turn-off the switch that produces the fight-or-flight response. The goal is eventually not to need this audio, but to do a memorized version as your own narrative to your relaxation response.
3. Relaxing into Sleep: Use this audio to go off into the unconscious, and feel free to use this technique to get a nourishing sleep. You can use this in addition to the 20-minute Body Scan Relaxation daily. Remember, you can’t get too relaxed.
4. Music for Stress Relief: A nice option to use as you need to relax in a non-specific way with soothing, background music.
5. Associated Articles: Articles related to stress are available to provide educational and background information.
6. Supplement Plan Articles: Articles available with information about how dietary supplements and vitamins can protect us further from the negative and damaging effects of stress.
7. Associated Integrated Medicine Videos: Consider supportive therapies like Acupuncture, Psychotherapy and Nutrition as they can help you further. We strongly suggest you consider these gentle interventions that can have a profound and supporting impact on managing stress and enhance the Natural Stress Program. If you decide after watching one of the Associated Integrated Medicine Videos that you would like to pursue one of these options, ask around and see if you can get a personal referral from someone you trust. You can also follow the links below to make an appointment with a practitioner near you. Get the support you need to make these efforts life-changing and enduring.
Stress Relief Progressive Relaxation Research 50% Reduction in Visits to an HMO
- After a relaxation-response based intervention which resulted in estimated significant cost savings. Behavioral Medicine, Volume 16, pages 165-173, 1990.
80% of Hypertensive Patients have Lowered Blood Pressure and Decreased Medications – 16% are Able to Discontinue All of their Medications
- Patients in the relaxation response group were more likely to successfully eliminate an antihypertensive medication. The Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2008.
- These results lasted at least three years. Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Volume 9, pages 316-324, 1989.
Relaxation Therapy Similar to Stage 1 Sleep
- RT may exert their therapeutic effects, in part, through cerebral energy conservation/restoration.Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, 2004.
64% Decreased Stress and Anxiety
- Lower levels of perceived stress and anxiety and increased stress management behaviors, compared to scores of 44 10th graders participating in the wait list control group. Annual meeting of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, 2009.
31% Improvement in Severe PMS
- Over a 5-month study. Obstet Gynecol 75(4): 649-55.
- The group was able to cope more effectively with the demands of infertility treatment. Annual meeting of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, 2009.
Chronic Pain Patients Reduce their Physician Visits by 36%.
- The Clinical Journal of Pain, Volume 2, pages 305-310, 1991.
Open Heart Surgery Patients have Fewer Post-Operative Complications.
- Behavioral Medicine, Volume 5, pages 111-117, 1989.
100% of Insomnia Patients Reported Improved Sleep and 91% Either Eliminated or Reduced Sleeping Medication Use.
- The American Journal of Medicine, Volume 100, pages 212-216, 1996.
Infertile women have a 42% conception rate, a 38% take-home baby rate, and decreased levels of depression, anxiety, and anger.
- Journal of American Medical Women’s Association. Volume 54, pages 196-8, 1999.
57% Reduction in PMS reduction in physical and psychological symptoms.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, Volume 75, pages 649-655, April, 1990.
Increased Self-Esteem: High school students exposed to a relaxation response-based curriculum had significantly increased their self-esteem.
- The Journal of Research and Development in Education, Volume 27, pages 226-231, 1994.
More Effective at School Inner city middle school students improved grade score, work habits and cooperation and decreased absences.
- Journal of Research and Development in Education, Volume 33, pages 156-165, Spring 2000.