Sixty percent of Americans have used herbs in the past year!
According to Norman Farnsworth, Director of the program for collaborative pharmaceutical science research at the University of Illinois, Chicago, 90 of 121 common prescriptions used worldwide originated from folklore claims.
- 80% of the world’s population use herbal medicine to stay well.
- It is estimated that 30% to 40% of all medical doctors in Germany and France utilize herbs in their primary healthcare practice.
- In Australia, herbalists serve as primary healthcare providers.
- In rural China, 60% of the population rely on herbs for primary healthcare; and, in Japan, 80% of the medical doctors have experience with herbal medicine. In the August, 1993 issue of The Lancet, Catrien Ross reported that 70% of Japan’s more than 200,000 doctors (including all doctors aged 30-40 who were surveyed) prescribed kampo drugs in their daily practice.
- What is an herb? It is a plant, shrub or tree part, that is valued for its medicinal, savory, or aromatic qualities. Some 70,000 plant species have been explored on our planet, over thousands of years, in every culture of the world, from tiny lichens to towering trees. In fact, many drugs originate from plants and herbs.
- An herbalist is defined as one who practices healing by the use of herbs. Herbal formulas are blends of herbs put to together to work synergistically to achieve the desired benefits. Herbal formulation has a thousand year history and this knowledge has been passed down through the ages.
- Herbal supplements are also rapidly growing as a resource for medical professionals; supplements of herbs for health and wellness are well known and taken by many individuals.
- Capsules are utilized as the most popular form to take herbal supplement
- At the D’Arcy Wellness Clinic we use Traditional Chinese Herbs and the best Herbs from around the world, tailored to your individual constitution.
- Highest Quality Herbs, We only use herbs that have been tested for heavy metals, HPLC and TLC tested, and we choose organic herbs where ever possible.
- 100% Vegetarian, Sounds odd, but in Traditional Chinese Medicine many objectionable animal substances and animal parts are commonly used, including from endangered species, we at DWC ONLY use high quality , 100% vegetarian herbs
Chinese Herbal Medicine
Chinese herbal medicine, also known as Chinese herbology is one of the primary modalities within the scope of Oriental medicine. Chinese herbology includes treatment with substances such as plants, roots, minerals and more. Like acupuncture, Chinese herbology has evolved as an integral part of Chinese medicine and is used to re-harmonize imbalances in the body.
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines herbal medicines to include herbs, herbal materials, herbal preparations and finished herbal products that contain as active ingredients parts of plants, or other plant materials, or combinations. Chinese formulas are comprised of herbs designed for each individual patient. This special formulation is crucial because these formulas must be delicately composed for the purpose of achieving balance in each disharmonious state of being. Even small deviations in dosage or herb composition can change the entire focus of the formula and therefore, the results.